Princess Cruises has announced it is preparing the 3,560 guest Regal Princess as the second ship fully-activated with the Princess Medallion. All Regal Princess’ guests will have full access from February 17, 2019, during the ship’s current Caribbean season.
The Medallion is the same size as a 10p piece, is fully-automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function. Its features include:
· A streamlined ship embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier entry and exit
· Keyless stateroom access
· Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and accordingly offer a more personalised service
· OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and children
· Access for guests to a real-time look at their itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
· A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
The 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess was the first ship to have full Medallion access. It is based in the Caribbean all year round.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “We’ve received excellent feedback from guests and crew members who have experienced the Medallion on Caribbean Princess as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation.
“The more personalised service we are now able to provide is benefiting guests from the moment they step foot onboard. The Medallion enhances so much of what we offer, from speedy embarkation, to staying in touch with friends and family, to finding your way across the ship, to ordering drinks.”
The Medallion was first unveiled by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald in 2017. It will continue to roll out as part of a phased fleet-wide activation plan with further announcements to be made in due course.
An eleven-day Scandinavia & Russia roundtrip cruise on Regal Princess sets sail from Copenhagen on May 10, 2019. Currently includes free flights and transfers. Ports of call comprise St Petersburg, Berlin (Warnemunde), Stockholm (Nynashamn), Oslo, Helsinki and Tallinn. Prices from £1,499 per person.*
To book visit www.princess.com, call 0344 338 8663 or contact your local travel agent.
About Princess Cruises
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. Itineraries range in length from three to 111 days.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship, Sky Princess, under construction scheduled for delivery in October 2019. Princess recently announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests with expected delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 & 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).
Firstinitialsea has been shortlisted for the Wave Awards as Favourite Cruise Blogger 2019 and it’s thanks to you. Voting begins again in a new round to the final. If you enjoy reading my blog, have a spare minute and wish to be entered into a draw to win a luxury cruise worth £8000 then please vote for me here. Thank you for your time and support.
Once again, thank you for your time and support.
Forever grateful – Claire xx