Princess Cruises has announced that three more of its ships – Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess – are to be fully Princess Medallion-activated, meaning a total of five ships in the fleet will feature the award-winning technology.
The Medallion will be available on the 3,080-guest Crown Princess in July as she sails the British Isles from Southampton and will be followed by the 3,560-guest Royal Princess in April as she departs for her maiden Alaska season.
The 3,660-guest Sky Princess, which joins the fleet in October, will be Medallion-ready when she embarks on her maiden season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean. This means all of Princess’ Caribbean-based ships will have full Medallion services from this Autumn.
The Medallion is the same size as a 10p piece, is fully-automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function. Its features include:
· A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier access to the ship
· Keyless stateroom access
· Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and offer a more personalised service
· On demand beverage delivery, whereby guests will be able to order drinks and have them delivered directly throughout the ship and to their stateroom
· OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and their children
· Easy payment for merchandise, drinks, shore excursions and other onboard services
· Access for guests to their real-time itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel and the top deck ‘Movies Under The Stars’ screen, including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
· A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
The three newly-announced ships will join the 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess and 3,560-guest Regal Princess, which are already Medallion-enabled.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “Having recently travelled on Caribbean Princess I can say first-hand that guests are finding their holidays enhanced with Princess Medallion as a new and memorable experience. This will include everyone who sails with us to the Caribbean this autumn and winter.
“Starting in April, we will continue the expansion to a total of five Princess Medallion ships expected this year, as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation. We look forward to bringing the experience to new groups for the first time, such as those sailing to destinations in Alaska and Mexico.”
Princess Cruises is offering a 14-night Caribbean East West Adventurer on Sky Princess from £1273pp. Departing December 14, 2019 from Fort Lauderdale, ports of call include St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.
For more information or to book visitwww.princess.com, speak to your local travel agent or call 0344 338 8663.
As always, thank you for your continued support and for taking the time to read my blog.
Forever grateful – Claire xx