Princess Cruises has announced its two newest ships, Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess, will have the largest balconies ever offered by a cruise line.
The two ‘Sky Suites’ will be centrally located on the ships’ top decks, with one measuring 1,012 square feet and the other 947 square feet, each around the size of half a tennis court.
The suites will provide a private vantage of the ships’ top deck Movies Under the Stars cinema screen, offer 270-degree panorama views and sleep up to five guests. They will feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a dining area with skylight.
Sky Princess will launch in October 2019, sail a short season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean. Enchanted Princess will launch in Southampton in June 2020 and then similarly sail the Mediterranean. The ships will carry 3,660 guests.
Additional Sky Princess features include:
· Being Princess Medallion-enabled. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest, that enables features including:
– Keyless stateroom access
– A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier access to the ship
– Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and offer a more personalised service
– On demand beverage delivery
· Enhanced entertainment including ‘Take Five’, a new jazz lounge, plus an expanded Princess Theatre
· More than 25 restaurants and bars onboard including speciality restaurants the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria
· Eight private cabanas in the Sanctuary, an adults-only area on the top deck designed for rest and relaxation
· A spa with Princess’ largest thermal suite at sea, which will feature a hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, a Turkish bath and dry, steam and aromatherapy chambers
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “We can’t wait for guests to experience these new suites, which will set the standard for the premium stateroom experience at sea. The suites will offer the best of both worlds, where guests can relax privately with friends or family, or host their own en-suite celebrations in style.
“Princess is proud to have lead the way on many innovations in the cruise industry and these stunning Sky Suites mark the next step of our onboard evolution.”
A video of the exterior and interior of the Sky Suites can be viewed here:
Princess Cruises is offering a 14-night Caribbean East/West Adventurer on Sky Princess from £1,198 per person. Departing February 22, 2020, ports of call are St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.