Princess Cruises has announced that a new family-friendly, interactive top-deck area, The Reef Family Splash Zone, will open on its 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess ship. The enhancements will be available from June as the ship sails the Caribbean.
The Reef will comprise:
· A water playground with a splash pool, assorted sprays and showers, and an interactive whale feature complete with running water from its tail
· A multi-generational game zone including oversized activities such as giant Connect Four and Jenga, with a family-friendly bar serving mocktails and cocktails
· An updated pool and jacuzzi
· A variety of new, upgraded seating and furnishings ranging from single sun loungers to outdoor sofas and tables
· Improved audio systems and lighting to give guests a better experience during evening events.
Caribbean Princess already boasts a wealth of family-friendly features, which were expanded via a multi-million pound upgrade in 2017.
They include three youth and teen clubs, each themed around Princess’ partnership with the Discovery Channel; activities and games for children such as hands-on science experiments, mini golf tournaments, talent shows and stargazing; and interconnecting staterooms for use by larger groups of family and friends.
In addition, the ship was the first in Princess’ fleet to offer the Ocean Medallion. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest, which enables features including:
· Keyless stateroom access
· A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier access to the ship
· Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and offer a more personalised service
· On demand beverage delivery
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel and the top deck ‘Movies Under The Stars’ screen, including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises’ vice president UK and Europe, said: “At Princess Cruises we pride ourselves on offering fun, engaging and relaxing family holidays. The Reef will complement the existing line up of family-friendly venues and entertainment available on Caribbean Princess, bringing people of all ages together in one enjoyable top-deck location.
“In addition, guests sailing on Caribbean Princess will really benefit from using the Ocean Medallion. From breezing through embarkation, to being able to play a wealth of interactive games across the ship, means every family member can make the most of their time onboard with us.”
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. Itineraries range in length from three to 111 days.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship, Sky Princess, under construction scheduled for delivery in October 2019. Princess recently announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests with expected delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 & 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).
As always, thank you for reading my blog and for your continued support.
Forever grateful – Claire Harris xx