Princess Cruises reveals star-studded speaker line-up for 2019 UK cruises
Princess Cruises has unveiled the celebrity speaker line-up for its UK-based ship, Sapphire Princess, as it sails from Southampton during spring and summer 2019. The 2,670-guest vessel will set out on a number of cruises to the Mediterranean, northern Europe and Canada & New England from April to October.
The line-up includes household names from across the world of entertainment, politics and sport, and marks the third year Princess has hosted a speaker programme on one of its UK-based ships:
· Linda Gray (actress, Sue Ellen in Dallas and Mrs Robinson in The Graduate theatre production in the West End) on both a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing August 31 and a 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14
· Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards (former British Olympic skier, portrayed in biographical film ‘Eddie The Eagle’) on both the 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27 and a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing August 10
· Gok Wan (British fashion consultant, author and TV presenter on ‘How To Look Good Naked’ and ‘Gok’s Fashion Fix’) on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing July 6
As part of his stay, Gok will host a ‘red carpet’ fashion event onboard
Imagery credit to Hotography
· Des O’Connor CBE (British singer, comedian and TV presenter on ‘The Des O’Connor Show’ and ‘Countdown’) on a 14-night Mediterranean Adventurer departing August 17
· Paul Burrell RVM (butler to Diana, Princess of Wales) on a 7-night Spain and France cruise departing May 25 and a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing June 1
· Ann Widdecombe (former Conservative Party politician, Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing) on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing May 18
· Duncan James (British singer, TV presenter and actor, formerly in boy band ‘Blue’ and playing Ryan Knight in ‘Hollyoaks’) on a 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27
· Samantha Bond (actress, Miss Moneypenny in James Bond and Lady Rosamund Painswick in Downton Abbey) on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise departing June 29
· Fatima Whitbread (former British Olympic javelin thrower and world record holder) on a 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14
· Tessa Sanderson CBE (former British Olympic gold medallist javelin thrower and heptathlete) on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise departing April 27
· David Walsh (sports journalist, four-time Irish Sportswriter of the Year and three-time UK Sportswriter of the Year) on an 11-night Canary Island cruise departing April 16
· Allan Dennis Rich (songwriter, former Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe nominee) on a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing May 4
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe, said: “After two successful UK-based speaker programmes we are thrilled to announce its return for a third year. As well as welcoming back firm favourites including Linda Gray and Eddie The Eagle we’re looking forward to hosting new celebrities with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.
“With Sapphire Princess returning to the UK for a second season it gives us great pleasure to offer our guests the chance to hear from such a well-known group of speakers, who will further add to the wide range of entertainment and activities we will already have onboard.”
Princess Cruises is offering a 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise on Sapphire Princess, departing July 27. Guest speakers Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards and Duncan James will host talks on this cruise. Sailing roundtrip from Southampton, ports of call include Algarve Coast (Portimao), Seville (Cadiz), Malaga, Corsica (Ajaccio), Sete (for Carcasonne), Ceuta and Lisbon. Prices from £1299 per person.
For more information or to book visitwww.princess.com, speak to your local travel agent or call 0344 338 8663.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year on 170 itineraries to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. Itineraries range in length from three to 111 days.
In 2017 Princess Cruises, with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass cruises enabled by the Ocean Medallion – the cruises industry’s most advanced wearable device, provided free to each guest sailing on a MedallionClass ship. The award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to a hassle-free, personalised cruise, giving guests more opportunity to enjoy their time onboard. Ocean Medallion will be activated on five ships by the end of 2019. An activation plan will continue across the global fleet in 2020 and beyond.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship, Sky Princess, under construction and scheduled for delivery in October 2019 followed by Enchanted Princess in June 2020. Princess recently announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests with expected delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 & 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).
NB: unless stated otherwise, all images are courtesy of Princess Cruises.
Thank you, as always for reading my blog and for your continued support. It really does mean the world.
Forever grateful – Claire Harris xx