Princess Cruises has announced its two newest ships, the 3,660-guest Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess, will feature a new jazz lounge, ‘Take 5’.
Opening on Sky Princess when she launches in October 2019 and Enchanted Princess in June 2020 in Southampton, Take 5 will be the only jazz theatre at sea. Guests can listen to live performances as well as enjoy after-hours parties and take part in dance lessons.
Themed music will also appear including:
· A Night in Harlem: Sounds of the 1920s will transport guests to the underground world of the speakeasy in the heart of New York City with sounds of the prohibition era. Featured artists include King Oliver’s Creole Jazz Band, New Orleans Rhythm Kings, Original Dixieland Jazz Band and Charles “Buddy” Bolden
· The Birth of Big Band and BeBop: Showcasing the late 1940s, post-war jazz and the birth of BeBop with the amazing speed and technical ability of these incredible musicians. Music from Charlie Parker, Coleman Hawkins and Dexter Gordon will fill the air while costumed bow-tied-wearing staff deliver classic cocktails
· The Way You Look Tonight: Celebrates women of jazz throughout history and how these legendary vocalists and instrumentalists changed musical history. Guests can expect tunes from Ella Fitzgerald to Billie Holiday to Norah Jones
· Toda La Noche – Fiery Afro-Cuban Jazz: A journey through the Caribbean celebrates the spicy rhythms of Afro-Cuban jazz with classic beats spanning Latin, European and African American influences. Before the show, guests can take salsa lessons to popular Buena Vista Social Club covers. Featured artists include Tito Puente, Irakere and Dizzy Gillespie. The night ends with an invite back for a ‘descarga’ jam session
· A Sophisticated Evening of Cool: Featuring the cool jazz sounds of the 1950s, guests will enjoy an American jazz road trip with sounds from New York to California. Musical legends like Miles Davis, Chet Baker and John Lewis will feature
· Contemporary Directions – A Festival of Jazz: Featuring local artists from the various destinations the ships sail and the recent decades of jazz music
The on-demand services of guests’ individual OceanMedallion makes it even easier for them to order their food and drinks via their smart device to wherever they are sitting, ensuring that they can sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
Princess Cruises is offering an 11-Day Scandinavia cruise on Sky Princess sailing roundtrip from Copenhagen. Departing Saturday April 25, 2020 ports of call include Oslo (Norway), Berlin (Germany), Tallinn (Estonia), overnight in St. Petersburg (Russia), Helsinki (Finland) and Stockholm (Sweden). Prices start from £1,499 per person and includes up to $250 onboard spending money per person or free flights and transfers up to the value of £300 per person*.
For more information or to book visitwww.princess.com, speak to your local travel agent or call 0344 338 8663.
About Princess Cruises
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year on 170 itineraries to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. Itineraries range in length from three to 111 days.
In 2017 Princess Cruises, with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass cruises enabled by the Ocean Medallion – the cruises industry’s most advanced wearable device, provided free to each guest sailing on a MedallionClass ship. The award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to a hassle-free, personalised cruise, giving guests more opportunity to enjoy their time onboard. Ocean Medallion will be activated on five ships by the end of 2019. An activation plan will continue across the global fleet in 2020 and beyond.
Princess Cruises continues its multi-year, “Come Back New Promise” – a £330 million-pound product innovation and cruise ship renovation campaign that will continue to enhance the line’s onboard guest experience. These product innovations include partnerships with award-winning Chef Curtis Stone; shows created in partnership with Broadway-legend Stephen Schwartz; immersive activities for the whole family from Discovery and Animal Planet from exclusive shore excursions to onboard activities; the ultimate sleep at sea with the award-winning Princess Luxury Bed and more.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship, Sky Princess, under construction scheduled for delivery in October 2019. Princess recently announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests with expected delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 & 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).
As always, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read my blog.
If you enjoy reading my blogs, I would be grateful for your vote for World Of Cruising’s Wave Awards – Cruise Blogger 2020, it is quick and simple. What’s more, you’ll automatically be entered in to a draw to win a cruise – click here
Forever grateful – Claire Harris xx