Princess Cruises has revealed the first round of celebrities who will speak on its Southampton-based cruise ship, Crown Princess, as it sails next year. The 3,080-guest vessel will set out on a number of voyages to the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and northern Europe from May to November.
The line-up – which includes household names from across the world of TV, entertainment and sport – is the fourth speaker programme Princess Cruises has hosted on one of its UK-based ships.
The programme forms part of Princess’ Encounters with Discovery speaker series and currently comprises:
· Charlie Dimmock (gardening expert and TV presenter on Garden Rescue and formerly Ground Force) on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise departing September 19
· Linda Gray (actress, Sue Ellen in Dallas) on a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing May 30
· Duncan James (singer, TV presenter and actor, formerly in boy band ‘Blue’ and playing Ryan Knight in ‘Hollyoaks’) on a 13-night Mediterranean Adventurer cruise departing August 2
· Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards (former British Olympic skier, portrayed in biographical film ‘Eddie The Eagle’) on a 13-night Mediterranean Adventurer cruise departing August 2
· Henry Blofeld OBE (former BBC cricket commentator and sports journalist) on a 14-night Land of The Midnight Sun cruise departing June 13
· Toby Buckland (gardener, author and TV presenter, formerly on BBC’s Gardeners’ World) on a 17-night Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise departing November 6
· Michaela Strachan (TV wildlife presenter on BBC’s SpringWatch, AutumnWatch and WinterWatch) on a 7-night Spain and France cruise departing October 30
· Nik and Eva Speakman (therapists known for their work on British TV) on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing August 15
Each speaker will host a 45-minute talk with questions and answers, as well as a meet and greet session including photographs and books signings.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe, said: “We are thrilled to announce the return of our popular UK-based speaker programme for a fourth year. We’ll be welcoming back some familiar faces including Linda Gray and Eddie The Eagle, as well as introducing several household names for the first time.
“The speaker programme showcases our continued commitment to offering one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences which can only be found on a Princess ship. By offering our guests the chance to hear from such a well-known group of speakers, we are sure that they will head home from their holiday with lasting memories and a great story to share.”
Further speakers will be announced shortly.
Princess Cruises is offering a 7-night Scandinavia sailing on Crown Princess, departing September 19, 2020. Sailing roundtrip from Southampton, calling at Kristiansand, Copenhagen, Skagen and Oslo. Guest speaker Charlie Dimmock. Prices from £679pp with up to $200pp onboard spending money.
For more information or to book visit www.princess.com, speak to your local travel agent or call 0344 338 8663.
About Princess Cruises
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 18 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year on 170 itineraries to more than 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England and World Cruises. Itineraries range in length from three to 111 days.
In 2017 Princess Cruises, with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass cruises enabled by the Ocean Medallion – the cruises industry’s most advanced wearable device, provided free to each guest sailing on a MedallionClass ship. The award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to a hassle-free, personalised cruise, giving guests more opportunity to enjoy their time onboard. Ocean Medallion will be activated on five ships by the end of 2019. An activation plan will continue across the global fleet in 2020 and beyond.
Two new Royal-class ships are currently under construction – Enchanted Princess, scheduled for delivery in June 2020, followed by Discovery Princess in November 2021. Princess recently announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests with expected delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 & 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).
As always, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read my blog.
Forever grateful – Claire Harris xx